GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moving a wisteria plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/27779-moving-wisteria-plant.html)

Requester 20-05-2003 03:44 PM

moving a wisteria plant?

ok i posted before that i planted two of these next to my house to run
up two trees. after reading the horrors about this i decided to dig
it up and move it into the forest area behind my house. i read that
these are very very strong plants an can be burried and still it
grows. can i dig this tree up and move it without killing it? one of
them already grew six feet wrapping around the tree it was planted
next too. can i unwrap it dig up the tree and replant it elsewhere
without killing it? will it grow again?

thanks

[email protected] 22-05-2003 12:32 AM

moving a wisteria plant?

Moving it should be fine, I've moved mine a twice due to moving to a
different house, they are very hardy plants and will recover easily. Now if
only mine would bloom....
cheers,
Jim