GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is your State Tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/278-what-your-state-tree.html)

Mickey&Nat 29-01-2003 12:48 AM

What is your State Tree?

For Ohio it is the Buckeye. I have 1 on my front lawn grown from a nut I
found.

Zemedelec 29-01-2003 07:08 PM

What is your State Tree?

Louisiana-- Bald Cypress, Taxodium distichum

I guess Virginia got there first with the Live Oak. too bad--I love'em.
Although I'm very fond of the 2 BC's in my back yard.
zemedelec

MLEBLANCA 30-01-2003 01:21 AM

What is your State Tree?

In article ,
pamfree (Zemedelec) writes:

Louisiana-- Bald Cypress, Taxodium distichum

I guess Virginia got there first with the Live Oak. too bad--I love'em.
Although I'm very fond of the 2 BC's in my back yard.
zemedelec

Hi Leslie
There really is no rule that a tree/flower can be Official for only one
state. There are about 4 states that "share" the Sugar maple and
3 or 4 have the tulip-poplar.
Usually the state legislature decides on one that they feel represents
their state "best"
Emilie

David DeMar 30-01-2003 10:24 PM

What is your State Tree?

On Sun 26 Jan 2003 07:36:30p, J Kolenovsky wrote in
:

Texas - pee can

Florida - Sabal Palm

m 30-01-2003 11:53 PM

What is your State Tree?

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message

Texas - pee can

New Jersey- Red Oak

Haleygale 08-02-2003 10:00 PM

What is your State Tree?

NH - White Birch

Dave Fouchey 09-02-2003 08:01 AM

What is your State Tree?

Michigan:White Pine

On 08 Feb 2003 21:55:20 GMT, (Haleygale) wrote:

NH - White Birch

GrampysGurl 09-02-2003 03:36 PM

What is your State Tree?

The great Charter Oak!!!!!! ~ Connecticut

Colleen

Paul Paulsen 09-02-2003 05:27 PM

What is your State Tree?

Illinois - White Oak

David DeMar 10-02-2003 01:55 AM

What is your State Tree?

On Thu 30 Jan 2003 05:24:01p, David DeMar wrote
in m:

On Sun 26 Jan 2003 07:36:30p, J Kolenovsky wrote
in :

Texas - pee can

Florida - Sabal Palm

I am also from Georgia. The state tree is the Live Oak.

James McMillan 11-02-2003 01:55 AM

What is your State Tree?

Idaho: Western White Pine
(though I'm originally from British Columbia: Western Red Cedar)

James McMillan

P.S., Does anyone use the "alt.trees" newsgroup?

Jeffrey L 11-02-2003 03:55 PM

What is your State Tree?

"m" wrote in message ...
"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message

Texas - pee can

New Jersey- Red Oak

Michigan & Maine - Eastern White Pine.

Not as tall as the Western White Pine but there are some magnificent
specimens over 140 feet tall in Hartwick Pines State Park, Michigan.