Old 20-05-2003, 09:08 PM
bthache

Default Deadly Vole Damage

Hi group,

I posted about meadow voles quite some time ago when I realized I had more
damage from them again this spring. Oddly, they didn't do much damage to
the front lawn this time... never touched the new mountain ash or maple
saplings. This year, they nailed the backyard, killing both of my new
cherry bushes (stripped to the roots) and my 2 year old crabapple tree.
They didn't even do as much damage to the lawn as they did last year.
I've now made a deal with my neighbor's cat... he can keep coming to the
yard as long as he stays away from the bird feeders and keeps bringing voles
home for his 'parents' like he has!
No more sign of the voles for now anyway. Hopefully, next winter will be
safer... I just planted 2 pear trees and 2 elderberry bushes. They will be
reinforced with steel mesh next winter!!
--
Tammie
Zone 2b-3a Far Northern Ontario

[IMG] code is On

Water Damage Clean up & Fire Damage Restoration ssammyy roy Gardening 0 19-05-2012 08:15 AM
How to change soil PH without creating deadly salts ? gmv Orchids 12 18-10-2003 11:22 PM
How to change Soil PH without creating deadly salts ? gmv Lawns 2 18-09-2003 07:04 AM
Deadly Kudzu? DavesVideo Gardening 8 07-06-2003 10:08 PM
Millions Infected With Deadly Parasite Spread By Cats Cy United Kingdom 6 23-01-2003 01:22 AM