GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   decorative concrete block walls (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/28231-decorative-concrete-block-walls.html)

[email protected] 22-05-2003 09:20 PM

decorative concrete block walls

is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the 21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Vox Humana 23-05-2003 04:08 PM

wrote in message
is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using

those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or

house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the

21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have a concrete paver walkway and I
think it is rather attractive especially compared poured concrete.

Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A. 24-05-2003 07:08 AM

decorative concrete block walls

Vox Humana wrote:

wrote in message
..
is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using

those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or

house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the

21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have a concrete paver walkway and I
think it is rather attractive especially compared poured concrete.

"Rusticate" the blocks with a sledge. They'd HAVE to look better with
random corners and edges knocked off. Stain with 2 or 3 hues of earth tone
concrete paint. Look at any piece of older brickwork. Several colors of
brick are typical, else the walls look cold and oppressive.