Old 22-05-2003, 09:20 PM

Default decorative concrete block walls

is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the 21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 23-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using

those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or

house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the

21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have a concrete paver walkway and I
think it is rather attractive especially compared poured concrete.

Old 24-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Vox Humana wrote:

wrote in message
..
is it just me or does anyone else wonder what can they be thinking using

those huge
interlocking blocks to form terraces? I see them on a lot of the DIY or

house shows.

they are incredibly ugly and monotonous. sorta the shag carpet of the

21st century
(well I think pergo qualifies better). Ingrid

I guess it is a matter of taste. I have a concrete paver walkway and I
think it is rather attractive especially compared poured concrete.

"Rusticate" the blocks with a sledge. They'd HAVE to look better with
random corners and edges knocked off. Stain with 2 or 3 hues of earth tone
concrete paint. Look at any piece of older brickwork. Several colors of
brick are typical, else the walls look cold and oppressive.

[IMG] code is On

Decorative concrete to enhance the beauty of your garden bullioncoatings Ponds (alternative) 0 27-10-2011 10:14 PM
Concrete block garden beds peter Australia 13 17-02-2005 05:21 AM
Decorative Concrete Smitty Smitt Lawns 0 12-10-2004 05:33 AM
mulch against concrete block house? shawn Gardening 4 10-10-2003 08:02 AM
Concrete Block Dan Ponds 5 07-03-2003 03:12 PM