Old 28-01-2003, 12:00 AM
TOM KAN PA

Default OT-Such a deal I got for you ! ! ! ! !

I bought a VCR the other day. It's a nice unit, 4-head, hi-fi stereo, surround
sound, L1, L2 inputs, etc. I bought it at Sam's.
I can buy an Extended Service Plan to cover repair on the unit for 1-4 years
after the 90 day from purchase warranty expires.
A one year warranty costs $69.95 for Carry-In service.
The purchase price for the VCR was $59.95!
How many other good deals are out there? Our local supermarket will run a sale
on Coke 12 packs for $1.99 each. They are well advertised, well stocked in the
'pop' aisle and on end caps. Yet, at the same time these are on sale, I see
people with two six packs of Coke in there cart, priced at $2.98 each.
Go figure!

Old 28-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Kevin

TOM KAN PA wrote:

I bought a VCR the other day. It's a nice unit, 4-head, hi-fi stereo, surround
sound, L1, L2 inputs, etc. I bought it at Sam's.
I can buy an Extended Service Plan to cover repair on the unit for 1-4 years
after the 90 day from purchase warranty expires.
A one year warranty costs $69.95 for Carry-In service.
The purchase price for the VCR was $59.95!
How many other good deals are out there? Our local supermarket will run a sale
on Coke 12 packs for $1.99 each. They are well advertised, well stocked in the
'pop' aisle and on end caps. Yet, at the same time these are on sale, I see
people with two six packs of Coke in there cart, priced at $2.98 each.
Go figure!

Kinda like people who pay $1-2 a pop for Echinacea tincture in 1 daily
dose bottles and I can make a 2 year supply for $12.

Kevin

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few
who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric
fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Old 28-01-2003, 06:04 AM
JNJ

How many other good deals are out there?

I see 'em on electronics all the time. Found one at the grocery store the
other day -- 16 slices of cheese for $1.59 a pack, 24 slices of cheese for
$2.69 a pack. Note that these were regular price -- not on sale -- and the
same in-house brand (not even a national brand). Something else that was
curious -- the "unit price" (where the supermarket gives you the breakdown
so you can compare deals) was marked as .12 and .14 respectively.

About the only extended warranties I'll do are on high-end electronics and
cars. Anything else just doesn't make sense -- welcome to the age of
replaceability.

James