GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   McLane or other high end push mower? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/28634-mclane-other-high-end-push-mower.html)

[email protected] 24-05-2003 11:20 PM

McLane or other high end push mower?

I really like the idea of using an eco-friendly push mower, and for
the past few years I've been using a 5 blade "Great States" model,
which does an okay job. I find it sometimes necessary to mow in twice
(in diff. directions) to get a thorough cut, or if I let the grass
get a little too high I will reluctantly use the gas mower. Does
anyone own or use a 7 blade push mower like the McLane, or other
higher end model? I wonder if the additional two blades and
front-throw configuration make much difference in the quality of cut.

Thanks,
G.