Old 26-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Bob H

Default Canna and Bronze/Burgundy Foliage Question

For those varieties that have burgundy or bronze foliage.... do they =
ALWAYS come up out of the ground with the leaf color attribute present?=20
I purchased 3 Tyrol's from Hirt's and 2 are up and slightly opened and =
they exhibit a bronze tinge to the leaf as one would expect for Tyrol. =
The third one however is bright vivid green.=20

Did I get a mis-fill on the order or will the vivid green eventually =
turn bronze colored?=20

I have the same situation with some Ambassador from Frank's Nursery. And =
yes I did carefully label all my pots when they were planted.=20

Bob=20

Old 26-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Vox Humana

"Bob H" wrote in message
For those varieties that have burgundy or bronze foliage.... do they ALWAYS
come up out of the ground with the leaf color attribute present?
I purchased 3 Tyrol's from Hirt's and 2 are up and slightly opened and they
exhibit a bronze tinge to the leaf as one would expect for Tyrol. The third
one however is bright vivid green.

Did I get a mis-fill on the order or will the vivid green eventually turn
bronze colored?

I have the same situation with some Ambassador from Frank's Nursery. And yes
I did carefully label all my pots when they were planted.

My cannas always emerge with their mature leaf color.