GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help finding Rhododendron Maximum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/29280-help-finding-rhododendron-maximum.html)

Gregg Horan 27-05-2003 05:20 PM

Help finding Rhododendron Maximum

I'm looking for a few rhododendron maximum (preferably var. Roseum).
The size and dark green foliage are ideal for my application. I want
them to get big and wild looking with those beautiful gnarly trunks!
Zone 6 dappled shade all day.

Anyway, I'm located in central CT and am having a terrible time
finding any. Rhody's out the wazoo, but not maximums. I've also
searched online, and have only found sources for large bulk buys to
the trade.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Also, any comments on the plant... pictures... experiences... would be
welcomed.

Thanks.
Gregg

IntarsiaCo 27-05-2003 06:08 PM

Help finding Rhododendron Maximum

I'm looking for a few rhododendron maximum (preferably var. Roseum).

Twombly has them in stock, see:

http://shop.twomblynursery.com//s/sh...m.asp?id=72739

Stephen M. Henning 27-05-2003 09:56 PM

(Gregg Horan) wrote:

I've also
searched online, and have only found sources for large bulk buys to
the trade.

Go to a local nurseryman with one of these wholesale suppliers and
offer him a fee for getting them for you. I've done this several times.

One such source in NH is at:
http://www.granitestatenursery.com/
Northwood, NH 603-942-7249
specifically: