GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Too many ants!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/29287-too-many-ants.html)

Paul 27-05-2003 05:56 PM

Too many ants!!

Can anyone help me with the best way to rid my lawn of ants. Over the
past couple of years the nests have spread like wildfire & I have a
mixture of both red & black colonies all over the lawn. My lawn is @
1/2 an acre & it has a nest every 2-3 paces in any direction. I have
tried the ant powder to no avail & am now at my wits end! Does anyone
know how to get rid of them??

Lar 28-05-2003 01:20 AM

Too many ants!!

In article cd635a80.0305270850.6e1e8976
@posting.google.com, says...
:) Can anyone help me with the best way to rid my lawn of ants. Over the
:) past couple of years the nests have spread like wildfire & I have a
:) mixture of both red & black colonies all over the lawn. My lawn is @
:) 1/2 an acre & it has a nest every 2-3 paces in any direction. I have
:) tried the ant powder to no avail & am now at my wits end! Does anyone
:) know how to get rid of them??
:)
:)
Unless they are a biting/stinging variety or they are
getting into the house as a nuisance there may be no
need to do anything. They won't be doing any harm. You
might try spreading granular ant bait or growth
regulator to HELP reduce the numbers. That will probably
be more effective than anything else.
--

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

jammer 28-05-2003 06:08 AM

Too many ants!!

On Wed, 28 May 2003 00:19:07 GMT, Lar wrote:

:) Can anyone help me with the best way to rid my lawn of ants. Over the
:) past couple of years the nests have spread like wildfire & I have a
:) mixture of both red & black colonies all over the lawn. My lawn is @
:) 1/2 an acre & it has a nest every 2-3 paces in any direction. I have
:) tried the ant powder to no avail & am now at my wits end! Does anyone
:) know how to get rid of them??

Hot water, liquid dish soap, and orange juice. Mix in a pail and pour
it on.

Klaurens 29-05-2003 05:20 AM

Too many ants!!

How much of each of these things?

Carrie

--
http://www.themomteam.com/cgi-bin/mo...75&action=show

Tom Randy 29-05-2003 05:20 AM

Too many ants!!

On Tue, 27 May 2003 20:19:07 -0400, Lar wrote:

In article cd635a80.0305270850.6e1e8976 @posting.google.com,
says... :) Can anyone help me with the best way to rid
my lawn of ants. Over the :) past couple of years the nests have spread
like wildfire & I have a :) mixture of both red & black colonies all
over the lawn. My lawn is @ :) 1/2 an acre & it has a nest every 2-3
paces in any direction. I have :) tried the ant powder to no avail & am
now at my wits end! Does anyone :) know how to get rid of them?? :)
:)
Unless they are a biting/stinging variety or they are getting into the
house as a nuisance there may be no need to do anything. They won't be
doing any harm. You might try spreading granular ant bait or growth
regulator to HELP reduce the numbers. That will probably be more
effective than anything else.

Ant traps don't work, I found that out this month. Don't waste your money
on those. Black ants have been coming into the house the past few weeks. I
tried the traps, they don't go near them! Bought spray with residual
action, seems to be working.