Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Jean B.

Default Auger, where can I find one?

My sort-of SO claims he will dig some holes in my ultra-rocky soil
with an auger, so I can plant some of my babies. Now he says he
has looked everywhere for an auger. Does anyone know where I can
get one? I know nothing about them--like are there different
kinds, some of which might not be appropriate for such an
application, so I am sort-of reluctant to just do a search. If
you can even provide a name or some searchable characteristic, I
can search from there. Thanks.

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
TOM KAN PA

A auger for what?????
What are your "babies?"
Tulip bulbs or a 14 feet tall Blue Spruce?

Be specific, and don't say you want to plant your "babies!" If they're some
form of plant life, call them that. When I hear someone wanting to talk about
their baby(ies), I don't think of blooms and foliage.

Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 28 May 2003 20:13:08 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

My sort-of SO claims he will dig some holes in my ultra-rocky soil with an
auger, so I can plant some of my babies. Now he says he has looked
everywhere for an auger. Does anyone know where I can get one? I know
nothing about them--like are there different kinds, some of which might
not be appropriate for such an application, so I am sort-of reluctant to
just do a search. If you can even provide a name or some searchable
characteristic, I can search from there. Thanks.

Most any rental shop in your area will have at least one of these for
rent. Many have half day rates also.
" My sort-of SO claims he will dig some holes in my ultra-rocky soil..."
Are you sure he still wants to do it..? Could be he thought about what he
had said latter and figured out how much work he was in store for.....
80) good luck

Boston Rentals
96 MIDDLESEX AVENUE
SOMERVILLE, MA 02145
PHONE: (617) 776-3900
FAX: (617) 628-8607

AUGER 80.00 320.00 960.00
day week month

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com

Old 29-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

"Jean B." wrote:

My sort-of SO claims he will dig some holes in my ultra-rocky soil
with an auger, so I can plant some of my babies. Now he says he
has looked everywhere for an auger.

Has he called equipment rental places? It's also known as a
"posthole digger".

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both
Old 30-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Jean B.

Tsu Dho Nimh wrote:

"Jean B." wrote:

My sort-of SO claims he will dig some holes in my ultra-rocky soil
with an auger, so I can plant some of my babies. Now he says he
has looked everywhere for an auger.

Has he called equipment rental places? It's also known as a
"posthole digger".

Tsu

Thanks, Tsu et al. He went to Home Depot and some other stores,
but I don't think he though about renting, so that's probably why
he missed them. My babies? Some pretty small trees and bushes
mostly.... I'd dig the holes myself, but even putting in flower
bulbs entails prying out numerous rocks.
--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA