GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Millers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/29556-millers.html)

Thalocean2 29-05-2003 07:08 AM

Millers

Is anyone else sick of the miller moths? I can't hardly go outside the last
few days they are so thick. They come swarming out of every bush I walk near
and fly into my hair. Icky things.

Laura B.
Colorado

Sed5555 30-05-2003 04:09 PM

Millers

Is anyone else sick of the miller moths? I can't hardly go outside the last
few days they are so thick. They come swarming out of every bush I walk near
and fly into my hair. Icky things.

Here in Denver they are just arriving and we have been forewarned that there
will be more this year than usual. I stand ready with my vacuum. There is
nothing redeeming about this insect.
sed5555

Tyra Trevellyn 30-05-2003 04:09 PM

Millers

From: (Sed5555)
Date: Fri, May 30, 2003 8:23 AM
Is anyone else sick of the miller moths? I can't hardly go outside the

last
few days they are so thick. They come swarming out of every bush I walk

near
and fly into my hair. Icky things.

Here in Denver they are just arriving and we have been forewarned that there
will be more this year than usual. I stand ready with my vacuum. There is
nothing redeeming about this insect.
sed5555

They're thicker around here than I've ever seen them, perhaps because of all
the rain and lush growth. I need to wear a dust mask so I won't inhale them,
truly. HOWEVER......it's really delightful to watch the birds go nuts chasing
after them. The mockingbirds, in particular, are an act to follow.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z6b/7a

John S. DeBoo 30-05-2003 05:08 PM

Millers

Thalocean2 wrote:

Is anyone else sick of the miller moths? I can't hardly go outside the last
few days they are so thick. They come swarming out of every bush I walk near
and fly into my hair. Icky things.

Laura B.
Colorado

If its any consolation, we have plenty of them in NM toosigh.

--
John S. DeBoo