Old 03-06-2003, 01:44 AM
susabean

Default garden police gone wild?

A person in our town got totally torked off at the neighbors and put up a
ghastly fence. Chain link fences ARE permissible in our town, but you
could do it with a wood fence, I would suppose ;D

They put up a HUGE chain link fence, topped it with *razor wire*!! and put
these slat thingies that are used to make chain link fences private.....one
section is red, one section is white, one section is blue....repeat. They
also have HUGE gates as tall as the fence that open electronically, and
security cameras.

This is in a residential area.....and is the epitomy of a "spite fence".

They are the laughing stock of the neighborhood, their place is derisively
called "the compound", and it is customary to give the place a mock salute
when driving by.

But its legal.

blessings,
Tammy

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

wrote in message
there is no permit required for a fence. my mother has owned this land and
lived
there for 55 years. It was cow pasture and out in the country at that time
fenced by
barbed wire. she now lives on 2 heavily wooded acres off a 700 foot long
private
drive. one side of this drive is a shared lot line with the Bitch. My
mother also
shares lot lines with 11 other properties and over 55 years has not had any
problem
with any other neighbor. My mother also shares her huge wealth of plants
with
everyone in the neighborhood. at least 500 feet of this property line on
their side
is wild brush which is impassable. my mother is in her 80's. when we
returned from
out of state her private road was overrun with the brush scratching cars,
difficult
for the snow plow to put the snow anywhere. So my DH and I started whacking
the crap
back to the lot line. The Bitch went ape shit nuts. said we were whacking
HER brush
on HER property. We had it surveyed and were fine. but to avoid conflict
we
slowly, little by little started down the drive cutting back the brush and
put up a
fine gauge 3' fence on the lot line so we wouldnt whack her brush. It
wasnt a chain
link fence. Now she couldnt see the fence unless she walked up ON my
mothers private
drive to see it. This is what earned her the name of "The BITCH". She
insisted that
we were whacking on her property, wouldnt accept the survey and said she
would sue if
we continued to whack back brush. We offered a deal. We would use her
surveyor
(actually we did use her surveyor the first time), if we were wrong we'd
move the
fence and pay the guy.. if the fence was on the lot line they'd pay the guy.
They
turned that down. then they called the city and forced us to remove the
nearly
invisible metal fence which we replaced with a wooden fence that she REALLY
hates.
again, she cant see this fence from her property. But at that point my
mother became
really alarmed they might REALLY claim part of her drive and asked us to put
up a
nice split rail fence across the lower part of the driveway which was open
and had
nice sod came up to my mothers asphalt drive. Then they sued claiming
adverse
possession cause they been mowing the lawn up to the drive. They lost, but
it cost
us 5K. Their lawyer was his BIL (until he quit in disgust with The Bitch)
and then
she was ****ing and moaning to neighbors that it cost them 10K.
BTW, never ever does the city SEND OUT a list of the new rules either before
they
pass their idiotic laws or after. How would my mother figure that the city
had passed
an assinine law forbidding metal fences much less fences that cannot be seen
by the
asshole neighbors.
So I didnt add that the Bitch and her husband the ******* stopped my mother
on her
private drive and started yelling at her about us cutting the crap. My
mother got
into the house and had an asthmatic attack and was hospitalized. We went
over to
tell the Bitch and ******* to not do that again, that my mother had asthma,
that she
couldnt take confrontations like that. We werent being hostile ... and she
just
refused to hear anything we were saying. She kept talking about other
things and I
kept trying to tell her about my mothers health and she kept rambling on
about some
other shit. Then they sued my mother and two days before the court date my
mother
had a heart attack, so stressed by the whole thing that even tho were
getting the
lawyers bills and paying them.
Now the Bitch and ******* belong to the local Catholic church where nearly
all the
neighbors go. We never talked about any of this with the neighbors (well
except my
aunt lives down the hill from us) but eventually they all began asking us
what the
hell was going on and we told them. Then the stories began pouring in about
the
Bitch and ******* and how they had done the same thing in another community
and so
driven their next door neighbor crazy she was outside one night screaming
she was
going to kill em at the top of her lungs until the police came and calmed
her down.
The neighbors loath this pair of disgusting excuses for humanity and have
rallied
around my mother ...
The Bitch and ******* have no idea what is in store for them when we come
into
possession of the house. How does 700 feet of plastic Flamingos sound?
With
lights. Hitched up to a sled with a Santa in winter. And it will be
perfectly
legal. Actually, this is only a small part of what went on and is going on
in the
saga of Lot Wars. Ingrid

"Vox Humana" wrote:
In many jurisdictions one has to have a building permit for a fence. In

any
case, it always makes sense to check out these things before making
improvements to your property. I wouldn't want to look at a chain link
fence so I would be the one reporting the violation if I were the neighbor.
I find it interesting that your take on this is that the woman who reported
the violation is a "bitch" but your mother who broke the law is a victim.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com

Old 03-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Vox Humana

"susabean" wrote in message
A person in our town got totally torked off at the neighbors and put up a
ghastly fence. Chain link fences ARE permissible in our town, but you
could do it with a wood fence, I would suppose ;D

They put up a HUGE chain link fence, topped it with *razor wire*!! and put
these slat thingies that are used to make chain link fences

private.....one
section is red, one section is white, one section is blue....repeat. They
also have HUGE gates as tall as the fence that open electronically, and
security cameras.

This is in a residential area.....and is the epitomy of a "spite fence".

They are the laughing stock of the neighborhood, their place is derisively
called "the compound", and it is customary to give the place a mock salute
when driving by.

You have just illustrated why there are laws that regulate fences.

Old 03-06-2003, 02:08 AM
susabean

"Purchgdss" wrote in message

:No different than the "garden police".
:sigh I'm so grateful I don't have a "neighborhood association"/home
nazi's in
:my subdivision. I purposely bought where I did *because* there isn't one.

I live in an area that is known to be rural. As the farmers age and the
children move away from farming, they sell some of their land off to
developers. The developers have developed, and we have become suburban. The
people moving to this county from the more urbanized counties pay big money
to live out in the country, and then fight to get ordinances passed against
the odors and sounds that the farmers that are still out here in the country
have on the farm! The newcomers also try and get ordinances passed that the
tractors/combines/farm equipment can't drive up the roads slowing traffic,
etc. Well, I say, if you move to the country, be prepared to smell the
manure and hear the roosters/cows/pigs/horses! But homeowners have, in some
cases successfully, sued these farmers that have been here for a zillion
years, because the farming industry is not conducive to property values.

We had one old guy who lived in a farmhouse for 60 some odd years. As he
aged, he sold off his land, and developers built developments. The
developments all had home owners associations. He got a letter in the mail
stating that he was considered part of the neighborhood and he had to abide
by the HOA rules and regulations. They gave him a list of paint colors that
were "acceptable" for his home. So.....he mixed them all up, and painted
his home a lovely shade of light peptobismol pink! They took him to court
and lost. He had lived by the letter of the law.

I think people get a bit carried away with some things. Basketball hoops,
boats, etc. aren't my business. IF my neighbor has something that infringes
on MY health or property, then I need to discuss it or take further action
if discussing it doesn't work. But the color my neighbor paints his doors,
or trim, or whatever isn't my concern.

Besides.....if I complain, we might get a HOA and end up living in little
pink houses!

Blessings,
tammy

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

---

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Diane

by the HOA rules and regulations. They gave him a list of paint colors that
were "acceptable" for his home. So.....he mixed them all up, and painted
his home a lovely shade of light peptobismol pink! They took him to court
and lost. He had lived by the letter of the law.

Bravo! I hope someone gave him a medal.

Diane
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
susabean

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"You have just illustrated why there are laws that regulate fences."

Ok, I can see your point regarding property values and whathaveyou. I
probably wouldn't want to live next door to the person with the fence....but
not necessarily because of fence, but because of the person!

But.....the bottom line is its their right to do what they want to do with
their property as long as it isn't endangering anyone else. They have the
right to act like buttheads if they choose, and they have to live with the
consequences. They paid an awful lot of money to be spiteful.....and
everyone just ignores them.

And where do the regulations stop? You don't like chain link fences.
Well.....it might be the only fence *we* can afford! In fact, before my
neighbor put up a privacy fence between our yards and around the rest of
his, it was the only fence we had! (we live in a duplex and share a
fenceline). Our house is 60 years old and the fence was chain link between
our yards, and older wire with wire gates around the rest. Doesn't look
bad....painted green.....but chain link is common around where we live.
What if someone else doesn't like privacy fences? Or PVC?

I think that the homeowner should have rights to do within reason what they
wish to their property. I do not mean things that are unhealthy, like
keeping a junk heap. I don't mean things that are dangerous, or a hazard to
others. But just because someone has a boat in the driveway........how in
creation does that hurt ANYONE else?? Just because someone puts up a well
installed, well maintained (not red white and blue! LOL!) chain link fence,
HOW does that hurt property values?? I'm not talking, by the way, of living
next door to the clampetts. But even the clampetts have a right to live the
way they want to on THEIR property, as long as it isn't infringing on real
rights and not just the sensibilities of others.

I think a lot of people would do well to MTOB.

Just my 2c
Tammy

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Diane

Ingrid,

Sorry about your mom's neighbors. As you know I have Neighbor Dick and
Mrs. Dick. So far they haven't sued us and we only "almost" ended in
court. Doesn't matter, still seems like no matter how little their
infraction on our life (and speaking in the sense of your mom as well)
it still sucks. It is a tiring war, I hate it. I just hope one of us
moves soon.

I'll buy you a flamingo for your collection.

Diane
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

I am so sorry your poor mother has to go through this crap. When I read your
last paragraph it was like reading my own writing. Our neighbor, the igit, sued
the builder for two years at his old sub-division and that neighborhood
literally drove him and his wife out. I know that because I literally called
the neighborhood association's president. Good came of it because I now
participate in their food drive, but I digress...These mental cases with their
idiotic claims and arrogance will get what they deserve. I don't say anything
to the idiot next door. At one time I would get all worked up about him and
I've since let go of the animosity. I tell the story, but I don't lose a moment
of sleep any more, nor should you.

Some people are malcontent. Nothing makes them happy, never. They complain and
complain and give nothing back to the Universe. "The Bitch" will have to relive
it again if she continues to torture your mom. Nothing goes un-noticed.

Victoria

"Vox Humana" wrote:
In many jurisdictions one has to have a building permit for a fence. In any
case, it always makes sense to check out these things before making
improvements to your property. I wouldn't want to look at a chain link
fence so I would be the one reporting the violation if I were the neighbor.
I find it interesting that your take on this is that the woman who reported
the violation is a "bitch" but your mother who broke the law is a victim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

That has already been done about 5 months ago.

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:35:33 -0700, " wrote:

I would call Child Protective Services, and you can be anonymous, regarding
concerns that sexual abuse is occurring in that house. Otherwise, the
little girl continues to be a victim and will grow up to be .... God knows
what.
Roz
azusa

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:38:55 -0700, " wrote:

paghat,
I believe the concern about the basketball hoop was that he used it to
sordidly display his he-man hunting prowess.
Roz
az usa

Yes, everyone knows that, sans the ratgirl. Any opportunity she can get to dig,
she does. It makes me laugh and feel sorry for her.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:23:59 GMT, "Warren" wrote:

paghat wrote:

If you hate someone because you're the sort of person who is all-round
filled with hate, tacking on "PLUS he rapes his children" is an easy
slander. It's only interesting that "he has a basketball hoop" was the
more important "crime" until people didn't agree, then "he rapes his

kids"
was tacked on as secondary to having an unacceptable basketball hoop.

I'd have to agree.

Hanging game from a basketball hoop is an annoyance. It's not even in
the same league as raping his kids. "He rapes his kids" is not something
incidental to hanging game, or any other annoying habit or even all the
annoying habits you can come up with.

If there is *any* credible reason to believe that he may be molesting
his daughter, the right thing to do is not wait until you have "proof".
The right thing to do is report him to the proper authorities
immediately. If he is molesting his children, every day you wait is
another day of hell for them.

If your suspicions are so baseless that you feel reporting it is wrong,
then bringing it up in any forum says more about you than him.
Especially if you're bringing it up only to bolster your arguments that
his annoying habits are worth taking him to court.

For God's sake. Dead game hanging from a basketball hoop is nothing
compared to raping his children, and your primary concern has been your
declining property values. If you think he's raping his kids, REPORT IT.
Don't use it as an "...oh, and I think he also..." to justify your anger
at him for being an annoying neighbor.

First of all, nobody disagreed with me, then forced me to make any statement
about raping his kid. He has been reported to proper authorities for about 5
months. Three sets of parents on our block got together and made the report.
So far, nothing has proven conclusive that he is molesting her. So far.

The basketball hoop was not the thing. The dead animal was the inappropriate
use for it.

I'm sorry to anyone who was offended thinking I was ever comparing molestation
to something so mundane. I was not. Someone else eluded that I was.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

I'm living next to that same person, complete with fake security cameras, no
trespassing signs everywhere that's visible, and yes, a heap of other shit.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
animaux

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:19:50 GMT, Diane
wrote:

by the HOA rules and regulations. They gave him a list of paint colors that
were "acceptable" for his home. So.....he mixed them all up, and painted
his home a lovely shade of light peptobismol pink! They took him to court
and lost. He had lived by the letter of the law.

Bravo! I hope someone gave him a medal.

Diane

Do you honestly find that to be fair to the rest of the homeowners? Why didn't
the guy, or any number of people move to the country where they can do whatever
they want? I never did understand why people do such spiteful things. I
complain, but I've never once did anything to bother my neighbors. We are to
ourselves, and take care to be as compliant as necessary to respect others.

In my particular case, I've asked this moron to please move the trailer for a
few years now. I asked him very nicely. I do nothing to get his hackles up.
He's a nutcase. I treat him as such. I'd still never do something to spite
him.