GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Angel Trumpet (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/29769-angel-trumpet.html)

pixi 30-05-2003 04:09 PM

Angel Trumpet

Got some Datura seeds sprouted. They are white, yellow, and peach. Not
sure about the last color.

I have Datura (Jimson Weed) that reseeds itself and comes up every year
even though I live in Zone 5. Does all Datura do this in Zone 5 or will I
have to save seed come winter. Thanks a bunch. Pixi

animaux 30-05-2003 04:09 PM

Angel Trumpet

On Fri, 30 May 2003 07:14:32 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

Got some Datura seeds sprouted. They are white, yellow, and peach. Not
sure about the last color.

I have Datura (Jimson Weed) that reseeds itself and comes up every year
even though I live in Zone 5. Does all Datura do this in Zone 5 or will I
have to save seed come winter. Thanks a bunch. Pixi

They are hardy in zone 8. Seeds may rot in wet, cold soils. I would save seed.
Mine come up every year. I have many different varieties.