Old 30-05-2003, 05:20 PM
rosie readandpost

Default creeping charlie

ok, ok, i surrender.....................how the hell do i get rid of this crap?
its all over my lawn!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

"live as though there is no tomorrow, love as though you have never been hurt,
dance as if no one is looking..."
.........................Satchel Paige

Old 31-05-2003, 02:56 AM
zxcvbob

rosie readandpost wrote:

ok, ok, i surrender.....................how the hell do i get rid of this crap?
its all over my lawn!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

I've had the best luck pulling it out the bulk of it by hand. Then just
fluffing it up with a garden rake before I mow (so the lawn mower blade can
catch it.) It's a lot easier than it sounds -- at least in a lawn and
vegetable garden. I haven't figured out how to get it out of my creeping
sedum. I'll probably take a bunch of sedum cuttings, then spray the whole
area with Roundup. I can replant the sedum with the cuttings.

Best regards,
Bob

Old 31-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Moll McCarty

Now is the time of year to spray it, from mid May till mid June, whenever
you see it's purple flowers. Spray it with an herbicide that contains
trimec. Did this last year successfully. Did a repeat this year to catch the
small amt of creeping charlie that returned. Also got the dandelions and
other broadleaf weeds. Vetoed the idea of using borax, as it can build up in
surrounding turf and create a dead zone if you do too much of it.
Moll

Old 01-06-2003, 03:08 PM
patg

"rosie readandpost" wrote in
:

ok, ok, i surrender.....................how the hell do i get rid of
this crap? its all over my lawn!

Creeping Charlie also put out a ton of seeds.

Couple of years ago I used an ice cream bucket lid
with a 1/2" hole in the center and then cut the
lid from the outside to the hole.

I then pulled the charlie vines out from the grass to form
a clump still attached to the root. The lid went under
the clump and was sprayed with roundup.

Grass lived charlie died and then seeds did not
get back into the lawn as they were colledted on
the lid.

A lot of work. My lawn looked like something from nasa
for a while. Maybe that's way the neighboors stopped
talking to me, ya think?

patg
patswoodshop.com
(Not sure if this posted got a connect reset)

[IMG] code is On

Creeping Charlie AT Lawns 1 17-08-2013 01:55 AM
Ground IVY...Creeping Charlie...how to rid it jimmy[_3_] Gardening 4 12-10-2009 10:31 PM
In this Corner Vinca Minor In This One Creeping Charlie [email protected] Gardening 2 24-05-2008 10:34 PM
Ground Ivy Creeping Charlie Anom Lawns 2 10-05-2004 04:05 AM
how to get rid creeping charlie Brandon Herlein Lawns 5 26-04-2004 01:04 AM