Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Michael

Default Hi - introducing myself...

Dear all,

Hi!

I'm never sure of the etiquette on these groups, and I don't want to
be ignored for having offended you all! Let me, then, introduce
myself.

I am Michael and I live in London in the UK and have a small garden
that I love. I am a very amateur gardener, however, and am hoping to
find advice and support from like-minded enthusiasts here.

Regards,

Michael.
Old 30-05-2003, 06:08 PM
SugarChile

Hi Michael, and welcome. There's a few unpleasant characters here, as in all
newsgroups, but once you have them kill filed, you find a great group and a
lot of good information.

What are you growing in your garden?

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 AM
NAearthMOM

Hi, have fun here.

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 31-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Fred Garvin

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:19:42 -0400, Michael wrote:

Dear all,

Hi!

I'm never sure of the etiquette on these groups, and I don't want to be
ignored for having offended you all! Let me, then, introduce myself.

I am Michael and I live in London in the UK and have a small garden that
I love. I am a very amateur gardener, however, and am hoping to find
advice and support from like-minded enthusiasts here.

Regards,

Michael.

Welcome Michael! Jump right in with us!
Old 31-05-2003, 10:44 PM
SugarChile

Your garden sounds lovely. Our winters here are too cold for rosemary, so
I'm especially covetous of your established one! I've got a diverse mix of
perennials, herbs, fruits, ornamental shrubs and trees, and a vegetable
garden--as much of everything as I can manage to squeeze onto my quarter
acre of paradise.

To killfile just means to set your mail program to automatically delete any
messages from persons who are consistently rude, offensive, or just plain
nuts. It seems that every newsgroup has a few, and this one is no
exception, but as I said, on the whole this is a very helpful and
interesting place to hang out.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Hi Sue, and thanks for the welcome. I'm not entirely sure what a kill
file is but I'm sure I learn! The garden has established rosemary,
flags, lavatera and rose. I have recently planted some clematis, a
small apple tree, more roses, a jasmine, a peony, some violas, herbs,
alpines, and a whole heap of stuff in pots. There's also an unhappy
ceanothus by the back wall. I go out every night and worry over the
poor dears, and generally fuss about. The garden backs onto playing
fields and, behind those, reservoirs and marsh land. It's very
peaceful, not vey sunny, and gets visited occasionally by geese!

Michael.