GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Keeping violets out (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/29942-keeping-violets-out.html)

Diane 31-05-2003 05:32 PM

Keeping violets out

A few years ago I tilled along the length of fence in my backyard. I
didn't fill it front to back with flowers but I mulched pretty good. I
think this is summer 4.

Now, despite multiple cleanings last year and the year before, I have
violets taking over every place there aren't any plants and then some (I
won't even mention the creeping charlie).

I have started to dig everything up again but I'm wondering if I should
lay down dark plastic for a year or so? Or with violets does that not
matter.

I wouldn't mind so much if they stayed to themselves but they are really
not that nice.

TIA,

Diane