Old 01-06-2003, 04:32 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Albuquerque

Garden is growing nicely as the weather has been really nice (except
for a few nasty windy days). I've 8 Roma tomato plants growing & 6
'maters so far, 4 zuccinis so far, garlic is going strong, corn &
carrots are a bit slow, marigolds, zinnias, cosmos(blooming
already), bachelor buttons(blooming) are doing great. One small bed
of radishes has already gone to seed. Basil has gone hog wild and
the wife is ecstatic! Roses are just finishing their first of three
(typically) rounds of blooms for the year.

Nasturtiums I found didn't like the heat (zone 7) last year but a
stray seed from last years planting found its way under one of the
rose bushes and thrived this spring so I planted a bunch more and
they love the shade of the roses.

And I caught 7 *&(%$&@%&#% squash bugs this morning. Do these
things serve a useful purpose?????? I've yet to find anything that
deters them except the space between my thumb and forefinger. In
spite of them life is good and the garden is beautiful!

--
John S. DeBoo

[IMG] code is On

Albuquerque John DeBoo Gardening 0 23-07-2003 03:22 AM
Albuquerque ponders John Rutz Ponds 1 21-04-2003 01:08 AM
Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM Radika Kesavan Roses 18 05-04-2003 12:20 AM
best roses for Albuquerque, NM KATE KARON Roses 29 03-04-2003 03:32 PM
urban renewal (Was: best roses for Albuquerque, NM) Regina Roses 4 02-04-2003 03:08 AM