GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stinking Fungus-UGH (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30000-stinking-fungus-ugh.html)

KPDOBES 01-06-2003 05:32 AM

Stinking Fungus-UGH

What is that stinking fungus that looks like a small banana but orange with a
green band around it? It is slimy and hollow inside. It's in my mulch and I
don't know what to use to get rid of it! This stuff is so bad if you touch it
nothing will get rid of the odor.............HELP

David J Bockman 01-06-2003 02:56 PM

Stinking Fungus-UGH

Probably a variety of Stinkhorn fungus.

http://faculty.uca.edu/~benw/biol1400/pres3/sld030.htm

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...i/stinkhor.jpg

http://www.perspective.com/nature/fu...llus-impudicus

Dave

KPDOBES 03-06-2003 04:08 AM

Stinking Fungus-UGH

Thanks Dave. I actually found a picture and description to the tee. It is a
"dog stinkhorn" Now if I could only find a way to get rid of it. My dogs run
through the mulch, step on them and get that horrible odor on their feet. Any
suggestions?