GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30055-its-june-but-furnace-still-running.html)

BroJack 01-06-2003 03:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

The eight warm winters begging 94-95 were attributed to global warming
as were the dry conditions 97-02.

Fast forward to 2003. The furnace ran damn near every day in May and
is still running. Precip levels here in Md. thru the first five
months are 5.5" above normal and 9" above last year.

Reason: Global Warming.

Go figure.

BroJack

Tom Jaszewski 01-06-2003 03:44 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

Mother nature is punishing you for voting for dubya.
Don't be paranoid but it's only happening on your property. :)

Record high temp here daily and heading for severe drought.

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 14:14:46 GMT, (BroMate)
wrote:

The eight warm winters begging 94-95 were attributed to global warming
as were the dry conditions 97-02.

Fast forward to 2003. The furnace ran damn near every day in May and
is still running. Precip levels here in Md. thru the first five
months are 5.5" above normal and 9" above last year.

Reason: Global Warming.

Go figure.

BroJack

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978

BroJack 01-06-2003 03:56 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 14:32:10 GMT, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

Mother nature is punishing you for voting for dubya.
Don't be paranoid but it's only happening on your property. :)

Punishing? Paranoid? Man, I love it.

Record high temp here daily and heading for severe drought.

Warsaw or Cracow?

BroJack
_________

animaux 01-06-2003 04:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

Global warming is not what warm winters were attributed to. We had a very large
El Nino for several years, then La Nina. Global warming is much more subtle
and effects the polar caps, not weather so much.

Bob Harrington 01-06-2003 04:44 PM

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message

Mother nature is punishing you for voting for dubya.
Don't be paranoid but it's only happening on your property. :)

Record high temp here daily and heading for severe drought.

Darned fine weather coming up this week in Seattle, ample snow in the
mountains and water in the reservoirs - and I voted for Bush!

The cat just pharted a toxic green cloud, however... kaff...

Cereoid-UR12yo 01-06-2003 05:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

Talk about jumping to the wrong conclusions, will ya?

Its about time you got that furnace fixed, Jackoff!

Cereoid-UR12yo 01-06-2003 05:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

Are you saying "Bill the Cat" is back? He has been missed! ACK!

So you actually voted for the shrubbery? It wasn't necessary, you know. They
managed to throw the election in Florida, thanks to those hanging chads!!!!

Tom Jaszewski 01-06-2003 06:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 15:36:10 GMT, "Bob Harrington"
wrote:

Darned fine weather coming up this week in Seattle

key phrase in Seattle is "this week"!
Beautiful city with as many clouded days as sunny days here!

brojack 01-06-2003 06:20 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 15:15:17 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Global warming is not what warm winters were attributed to. We had a very large
El Nino for several years, then La Nina. Global warming is much more subtle
and effects the polar caps, not weather so much.

Tell it to our weather gurus.

BroJack
________

[email protected] 02-06-2003 01:44 AM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

well except that weather gets extreme, hot, cold, wet, dry. Just remember at the end
of global warming comes an ice age and it doesnt take that many years. Ingrid

animaux wrote:
Global warming is not what warm winters were attributed to. We had a very large
El Nino for several years, then La Nina. Global warming is much more subtle
and effects the polar caps, not weather so much.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

B & J 02-06-2003 04:20 AM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message

Mother nature is punishing you for voting for dubya.
Don't be paranoid but it's only happening on your property. :)

Loved that one! That's the same explanation I give my yuppie niece whose
husband lost his lucrative job about a year ago and is really whining. Dubya
got their votes too. ;-)

John

animaux 02-06-2003 05:08 AM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

Really, what year in the history of man was the last ice age?

animaux wrote:
Global warming is not what warm winters were attributed to. We had a very large
El Nino for several years, then La Nina. Global warming is much more subtle
and effects the polar caps, not weather so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Ann 02-06-2003 10:56 AM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

animaux expounded:

Really, what year in the history of man was the last ice age?

It ended about 20,000 years ago. Humans, or their kin, were
definitely here. As a matter of fact, the wooly mammoth was hunted to
extinction by, I believe, neanderthal man. During the last ice age.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

[email protected] 02-06-2003 03:44 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

http://www.whoi.edu/institutes/occi/...uptclimate.htm
http://biology.fullerton.edu/biol404/hol/hol_ch24.html
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?art...A9809EC588EF21
" If the Little Ice Age really lasted between 1300 and 1850 (as some scientists
believe), then the cooling must have had several causes other than a transient lapse
in solar activity."

you dont have to worry about ice ages in your next of the wood. But Texas would be
under water long before that. Ingrid

animaux wrote:
I guess my point is, I don't think we'll be having an ice age anytime soon.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

animaux 02-06-2003 05:08 PM

It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 05:12:07 -0400, Ann wrote:

animaux expounded:

Really, what year in the history of man was the last ice age?

It ended about 20,000 years ago. Humans, or their kin, were
definitely here. As a matter of fact, the wooly mammoth was hunted to
extinction by, I believe, neanderthal man. During the last ice age.

This is all supposition. Neanderthal man had no written records of their
history. We have fossil remains and like a puzzle it has been put together, but
this too is supposition and theoretical. Cave markings are there, but we don't
know what was meant, to a large degree.

Theoretically, woolly mammoth were hunted to extinction. I don't believe that's
a fact.

I guess my point is, I don't think we'll be having an ice age anytime soon.