GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30340-will-shasta-daisy-grow-constantly-wet-sand-full-sun.html)

Kevin Miller 03-06-2003 04:08 PM

Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

The former home owner planted them right in front of the house and
they look too informal (flop over) and I don't want to throw them out.
Thanks!

Kevin Miller
Zone 5

David J Bockman 03-06-2003 05:44 PM

Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

Kev, I have a whole row of shastas growing for cut flowers... I *always*
have to stake them or use hoops. I think in constantly wet conditions you
might be asking for fungus.

Dave

Kevin Miller 03-06-2003 07:56 PM

Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

Thanks! I have a 5 week old flat of Black-Eyed Susans... Am I going
to have the same problem?

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:35:44 GMT, "David J Bockman"
wrote:

Kev, I have a whole row of shastas growing for cut flowers... I *always*
have to stake them or use hoops. I think in constantly wet conditions you
might be asking for fungus.

Dave

.. .

GrampysGurl 04-06-2003 12:32 PM

Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

Thanks! I have a 5 week old flat of Black-Eyed Susans... Am I going
to have the same problem?

Again, here no care at all needed, I think they also like to dry out in between
waterings.

GrampysGurl 04-06-2003 12:32 PM

Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

Kev, I have a whole row of shastas growing for cut flowers... I *always*
have to stake them or use hoops. I think in constantly wet conditions you
might be asking for fungus.

Dave

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
.. .

The former home owner planted them right in front of the house and
they look too informal (flop over) and I don't want to throw them out.
Thanks!

Kevin Miller
Zone 5

I do nothing with mine, they are in regular garden soil, they growto just over
4 foot tall and have never needed staking.... They like regular water but like
to get dry inbetween, the more abuse they get the better I think since they
thrive here with NO care. I have Chrysanthemum maximus

Colleen zone 5 Connecticut