GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ginger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30556-ginger.html)

Trevise 05-06-2003 03:20 AM

Ginger

Greetings, all...
Living in Zone-5 (central Ohio) and wondering about ginger - I have two in
pots I got from a friend in LA, and both grow every year but won't bloom.
These are from plants I know were blooming in LA.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Doug Kanter 05-06-2003 04:08 PM

Ginger

Do you happen to have name tags for these plants, with their Latin names?
Or, were they called "European wild ginger"?

om...

V_coerulea 06-06-2003 12:56 AM

Ginger

What kind of 'ginger' are you talking about -Hedychium, Costus, Zingiber?
All have a particular season, minimun size, and generally require generous
moisture and fertilizer.