GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Transplanting Salvia sclarea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/30780-transplanting-salvia-sclarea.html)

Tyra Trevellyn 06-06-2003 03:08 PM

Transplanting Salvia sclarea

Last year I grew Salvia sclarea (clary sage) from seed and set out several
plants in late summer. These biennials are healthy and huge this year, but I'm
thinking they should be moved somewhere they can have a bit more space. Is it
ok to move these or is it too risky? They won't bloom until late summer. I've
read conflicting information about whether they transplant well. I know some
salvias resent transplanting, but I've been able to move any salvia I've grown
so far, but these are a first for me.

Thanks....!
Tyra
nNJ usa z6b looking at a sunny day