Old 08-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Weed Identification

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a site for identifying weeds by photos.
Something is taking over my perennial bed and I'm not sure
what it is.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:09:27 +0000, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a site for identifying weeds by photos. Something is
taking over my perennial bed and I'm not sure what it is.

Google is great.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+Sea rch

This first hit.
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/index-thumbnail.asp

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com
Bellingham, Washington

Old 08-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Timothy wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:09:27 +0000, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a site for identifying weeds by photos. Something is
taking over my perennial bed and I'm not sure what it is.

Google is great.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+Sea rch

This first hit.
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/index-thumbnail.asp

I must be lucky, it's the third plants listed - bedstraw.
Interestly looking plant but it has to go.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 18:36:23 +0000, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

Timothy wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:09:27 +0000, Bonnie Espenshade wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a site for identifying weeds by photos. Something is
taking over my perennial bed and I'm not sure what it is.

Google is great.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...oogle+Sea rch

This first hit.
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/index-thumbnail.asp

I must be lucky, it's the third plants listed - bedstraw. Interestly
looking plant but it has to go.

Glad that I could take part in the death of another noxious weed. Much
luck to you in removing it.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Kay Lancaster

I must be lucky, it's the third plants listed - bedstraw.
Interestly looking plant but it has to go.

Stickery, hooky things on the plants that make it glom onto everything?
If they don't have this, you may have Galium odoratum (=Asperula odorata),
sweet woodruff, very useful if you make mai wine.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Kay Lancaster wrote:
I must be lucky, it's the third plants listed - bedstraw.
Interestly looking plant but it has to go.

Stickery, hooky things on the plants that make it glom onto everything?
If they don't have this, you may have Galium odoratum (=Asperula odorata),
sweet woodruff, very useful if you make mai wine.

It is stickery with a square shaped stem. I've noticed my
hands itch after touching - I'm now wearing gloves to pull
the stuff. It comes out very easily :-). I think I'll put
it all in the back by the new cow pasture!

--
Bonnie
NJ
http://home.earthlink.net/~maebe43/

[IMG] code is On

Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM
weed identification paxwax Australia 1 01-09-2003 01:32 AM
weed identification paxwax Edible Gardening 0 23-07-2003 05:02 AM
Weed Identification assistance please! Larry Gardening 13 14-06-2003 12:20 AM
Weed identification GeoThermal United Kingdom 6 03-04-2003 05:45 PM