GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Zucchini problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/31442-zucchini-problems.html)

Bill 11-06-2003 03:20 AM

Zucchini problems

There was a thread a while ago about zucchini, great plants no zucchini.

I tried everything posted, over the last three years production went from
wow to zero.

I finally figured it out, my zucchini crop was going down as the squirrel
population went up.

Week before last I saw a squirrel come from the garden with a small
zucchini with the blossom still attached.

Put netting over the plants and now I have 20 or more 3 to 4 inch zucchinis.

Tree rats are a plague.

Frogleg 11-06-2003 09:08 PM

Zucchini problems

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:19:30 GMT, "Bill"
wrote:

There was a thread a while ago about zucchini, great plants no zucchini.

I tried everything posted, over the last three years production went from
wow to zero.

I finally figured it out, my zucchini crop was going down as the squirrel
population went up.

Week before last I saw a squirrel come from the garden with a small
zucchini with the blossom still attached.

Another literal LOL. I wonder if they battered and deep-fried the
little ones with blossoms.