Old 11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Bert Hyman

Default High-res picture of a gas plant?

A few years ago I picked up a "Gas Plant" at the garden shop simply
because I liked the name. It didn't do too well the first year, and
actually disappeared in the early fall. However, it came back the
next spring and has been coming back each year since then, appearing
a bit more vigourous each year, finally flowering this spring.

However, I'm beginning to wonder if I've actually been cultivating
some sort of cuckoo which has taken the place of my orginal plant.

Can somebody point me to a Web site which has high-res pictures of
gas plants that I can compare with mine?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old 11-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Alexander Pensky

Bert Hyman wrote in message

A few years ago I picked up a "Gas Plant" at the garden shop simply
because I liked the name. It didn't do too well the first year, and
actually disappeared in the early fall. However, it came back the
next spring and has been coming back each year since then, appearing
a bit more vigourous each year, finally flowering this spring.

However, I'm beginning to wonder if I've actually been cultivating
some sort of cuckoo which has taken the place of my orginal plant.

Can somebody point me to a Web site which has high-res pictures of
gas plants that I can compare with mine?

Additional clue: put "gas plant" in double-quotes and add another
relevant search term such as perennial or dictamnus, so you're
not buried in links to natural gas refineries.

- Alex

Old 11-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

In that case, you should post some pictures and let someone else make a
positive ID of your plant for you if you don't trust your own judgment.

What constitutes a positive ID in your reckoning?

What makes you think the plant is an impostor?
Don't the foliage or flowers agree with Dictamnus or do you call some other
plant "gas plant"?
The flowers of Dictamnus can be pink or white.

Bert Hyman wrote in message
(Cereoid-UR12yo) wrote in
m:

Do a google search. You will find lots of pictures.

I've found "lots" of pictures, but so far they're typical "website"
quality, low-res with insufficient detail and contrast for me to make
a positive ID.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Doug Kanter

"Alexander Pensky" wrote in message

Additional clue: put "gas plant" in double-quotes and add another
relevant search term such as perennial or dictamnus, so you're
not buried in links to natural gas refineries.

.....or references to my 14 year old son, the gas plant deluxe.

Old 12-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

That is such an esoteric bad pun only you know what the heck it means,
Spammy.

Was it suppose to be funny or even remotely relevant?

Good thing he doesn't need to look up "Gas Bag" or he would find your
personal home page with your picture on it!!!!!

t...

Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Doug Kanter

"Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote in message
That is such an esoteric bad pun only you know what the heck it means,
Spammy.

Was it suppose to be funny or even remotely relevant?

You've apparently never been around a 14 yr old boy and friends, who believe
baked beans were made strictly for entertainment.

Old 12-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Storm

Do a google search.
Put "Gas-plant" in quotes.

There is still a chance you will come across my grandfather....the man is a
walking methane factory.