GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maple Tree Fungus? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/31617-maple-tree-fungus.html)

Plato 12-06-2003 03:56 PM

Maple Tree Fungus?

The leaves on my one-year-old maple trees appear to be covered with a
white, fuzzy looking fungus. It looks like this is starting to kill
the tree. Does anyone know what this could be or what I can do about
it? We live in the mid-atlantic where it rains pretty much every day.

Babberney 16-06-2003 11:32 PM

Maple Tree Fungus?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:50:53 -0400, Plato wrote:

The leaves on my one-year-old maple trees appear to be covered with a
white, fuzzy looking fungus. It looks like this is starting to kill
the tree. Does anyone know what this could be or what I can do about
it? We live in the mid-atlantic where it rains pretty much every day.

that's powdery mildew, exacerbated by the wet conditions. do a google
search to find recommendations.

keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html