GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning Bird baths (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/31690-cleaning-bird-baths.html)

Linda 13-06-2003 01:44 AM

Cleaning Bird baths

I usually use a steel scrubber to clean my bird baths and fountain....if it
gets bad, I also use bleach. Is there any product on the market that cleans
without scrubbing? I would love to find it!!! Thanks, Linda

GrampysGurl 13-06-2003 02:32 AM

Cleaning Bird baths

I usually use a steel scrubber to clean my bird baths and fountain....if it
gets bad, I also use bleach. Is there any product on the market that cleans
without scrubbing? I would love to find it!!! Thanks, Linda

I've heard there is some enzyme you can buy at a good feed store that you put
in the water.... it breaks icky stuff (technical term) down. I do the bleach
and scrub brush thing. I probably only bleach once a month but I scrub at least
every other day but try to get out there every... 5 baths at last count.
Colleen
zone 5 Connecticut

It's anywhere I'll ever go,
And everywhere I've been;
Nothing takes my breath away,
Like my front porch looking in. ~ Lonestar