GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dying bush (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/32264-dying-bush.html)

Abe 16-06-2003 04:56 AM

dying bush

One of my shrubs has recently become infested with *something*..
Little black and white enlongated specks all over the leaves and
stems, and it's slowly killing the plant. I cannot identify it and
would appreciate any help/advice. I don't know the name of the shrub
either, but it's normally dark green and yellow, variegated leaves. I
think it's an euonymus but I could be wrong. I put some pictures of it
up in my yahoo photos.

http://photos.yahoo.com/antwerpy2001

click on the "my documents" folder. those are the only pics in there.

Frank Logullo 16-06-2003 04:04 PM

dying bush

"Abe" wrote in message
om...
One of my shrubs has recently become infested with *something*..
Little black and white enlongated specks all over the leaves and
stems, and it's slowly killing the plant. I cannot identify it and
would appreciate any help/advice. I don't know the name of the shrub
either, but it's normally dark green and yellow, variegated leaves. I
think it's an euonymus but I could be wrong. I put some pictures of it
up in my yahoo photos.

http://photos.yahoo.com/antwerpy2001

May be two different bugs. Dark looks like scale to me. I'd wack with a
systemic.
Frank

Marley1372 17-06-2003 02:56 AM

dying bush

You have Euonymus scale. I would use horticultural oil. Using insecticides
against scale isnt usually very effective. Spray the oil all over the plant,
especially on the undersides of the leaves.

Toad