Old 17-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Clem

Default Stump grinding aftermath

I had three tree stumps ground in my lawn. How much of this ground
material can I leave in the hole before adding dirt ? I need to bring
the hole up to lawn level.
Also how long should I wait before adding dirt ?
Old 18-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Bob Muir

You can leave all of it in the hole, though it will settle as the material
decomposes. If you want to eliminate the stump altogether, then drill some
holes in the remaining stumps and apply stump remover before covering the
stumps up with dirt.

s/Bob

om...

Old 18-06-2003, 11:44 PM
antonious

the decomposing wood chips and srump parts will tend to suck nitrogen out
of the soil in and around the hole. might be best if you removed it all
first. you can go ahead and fill the hole with soil, but test it regularly
(3-4 times a season) and ad bloodmeal or other nitrogen adding amendment.

om...

Old 21-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Surfs Up

Don't forget all the mushrooms you are going to have from now on.

[IMG] code is On

stump grinding and sod Jeff Bennett Gardening 2 24-05-2006 10:35 PM
stump grinding debris r.bartlett United Kingdom 3 03-05-2005 04:47 AM
stump grinding Jeff08171972 Gardening 7 22-09-2004 04:44 PM
Wood Chippings from Stump Grinding Harry Ziman United Kingdom 4 03-05-2004 11:09 PM
Leftovers From Stump Grinding Alison United Kingdom 1 21-11-2002 06:44 AM