GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   filipendula ulmaria variegata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/32879-filipendula-ulmaria-variegata.html)

Jai 19-06-2003 12:08 AM

filipendula ulmaria variegata

Emboldened by the success of Mr. Roberts in his search for the elusive
thatch rake, I am wondering if anyone knows of a vendor for the equally
elusive (in Columbus, Ohio, at least) filipendula ulmaria variegata. I
bought one two years ago at Lowes, enchanted by its leaves (the
filipendula's, not Lowe's), and would like to have lots more, but I can't
find any local nurseries that stock them, and none of the usual gardening
catalogs seem to have them either. I've tried propagating the one I do have
via stem cuttings, but without success so far. Any ideas? Many thanks! --
Jai in Columbus

madgardener 19-06-2003 10:20 AM

filipendula ulmaria variegata

you might try Stacy's nurseries who Lowe's gets their perennials from in
South Carolina for a source........(I got mine from them too, I'm waiting to
see if we get more, kinda a perk being there when the truck comes
in........) madgardener up on the rainy, soaked and humid ridge, back in
Fairy Holler overlooking where English Mountain would be, in Eastern
Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Vox Humana 19-06-2003 02:32 PM

"Jai" wrote in message
Emboldened by the success of Mr. Roberts in his search for the elusive
thatch rake, I am wondering if anyone knows of a vendor for the equally
elusive (in Columbus, Ohio, at least) filipendula ulmaria variegata. I
bought one two years ago at Lowes, enchanted by its leaves (the
filipendula's, not Lowe's), and would like to have lots more, but I can't
find any local nurseries that stock them, and none of the usual gardening
catalogs seem to have them either. I've tried propagating the one I do

have
via stem cuttings, but without success so far. Any ideas? Many thanks! --
Jai in Columbus

My sister gave me one last year. It is getting ready to bloom right now (
I'm in Cincinnati.) I did a quick Google search and found a number of
sources for the plant including this one:
http://www.arrowhead-alpines.com/fg.htm

Jai 20-06-2003 01:32 AM

filipendula ulmaria variegata

Thank you very much! May you continue to garden madly on your humid ridge in
lovely eastern Tennessee!

. ..

Jai 20-06-2003 01:44 AM

filipendula ulmaria variegata

Thanks for the info. I Googled without success (figures!). That's EXACTLY
what I'm looking for -- many, many thanks. They are one fine plant!

Pam 20-06-2003 04:08 PM

Jai wrote:

Emboldened by the success of Mr. Roberts in his search for the elusive
thatch rake, I am wondering if anyone knows of a vendor for the equally
elusive (in Columbus, Ohio, at least) filipendula ulmaria variegata. I
bought one two years ago at Lowes, enchanted by its leaves (the
filipendula's, not Lowe's), and would like to have lots more, but I can't
find any local nurseries that stock them, and none of the usual gardening
catalogs seem to have them either. I've tried propagating the one I do have
via stem cuttings, but without success so far. Any ideas? Many thanks! --
Jai in Columbus

It can be easily divided to develop additional plants - fall or early spring is
recommended for this process.

pam - gardengal