Old 19-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Martin Hirsch

Default Sprinklers, timers, valves, what are bad/good brands

Hi

I'm going to have a sprinkler system installed and would like to know what
are the better brands/makes of sprinkler equipment including the heads,
timers etc. Does Home depot have quality items.

I want to be able to discuss with the contractor exactly what I want.

Thanks, Martin

Old 19-06-2003, 02:32 PM
TakeThisOut

In article xx8Ia.64407$Pc5.23049@fed1read01, "Martin Hirsch"

From: "Martin Hirsch"
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:41:52 -0700

Hi

I'm going to have a sprinkler system installed and would like to know what
are the better brands/makes of sprinkler equipment including the heads,
timers etc. Does Home depot have quality items.

I want to be able to discuss with the contractor exactly what I want.

Thanks, Martin

Valves - go with Easton.
Popup heads - make sure they're not the big box store supplied types and they
popup at least 4 inches.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com
Old 19-06-2003, 03:20 PM
animaux

Regardless what brand you use, if you don't maintain it properly and winterize
the system, how good the products will be a moot point. I see many systems
installed in Texas (where we live) which have pop up misters. Not a good idea.
Far too much water evaporates before it even hits the ground. We have heat into
the 90s as late as midnight, and cooler temps in the 80s by dawn.

Try to do some research on how water is applied, as well as brands. I prefer pop
up impulse nozzles over misters. The droplets are much larger making it more
efficient in getting water to fall before it evaporates. For beds, nothing beats
drip irrigation, which you can do yourself with a few kits from the box stores.

Old 20-06-2003, 01:32 AM
des weges

Martin,

Find a sprinkler supply shop other than Home Depot. Most of what they
stock here in Nevada is crap!

If you post your general location I will post the name of shops in
your area and the most common professional quality brands available.

wrote:

Hi

I'm going to have a sprinkler system installed and would like to know what
are the better brands/makes of sprinkler equipment including the heads,
timers etc. Does Home depot have quality items.

I want to be able to discuss with the contractor exactly what I want.

Thanks, Martin

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

tomj

[IMG] code is On

can bad valves do this? RB Lawns 1 17-09-2006 03:39 AM
good brands of grass seed? Dawn Gardening 7 24-04-2005 04:42 AM