Old 19-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Teri

Default intro & Q

Hi everyone. I lurk here from time to time and am hoping someone can help
me. I live in zone 7 (it may be zone 8 - southeastern ny) ... we have an
awful lot of flowering plants in beds thruout my yard - tons of irises,
daylilies, 2 rose bushes, azalea, rhododendrums, and astors galore plus
others. As one might expect, we also get a ton of bees - really, wasps and
yellow jackets. Are there any plants or flowers that actually repel these?
Or, if not, are there any suggestionsof things we can do to reduce the
number that would be child-friendly? TIA!
Teri

Old 20-06-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

Southeastern NY is either USDA Zone 6b or 7a. It's not even close to being zone
8. If you live on Long Island and somewhere in the middle near, say,
Hicksville, you are in 6b.

For bees. Bees are an extremely important insect for the survival of plants and
down the line, people. If you have a swarm, you may want to call a beekeeper in
your area and I'm sure he/she would be only glad to come in and take bees off
your hands.

For the most part, bees are not dangerous. They can sting, but usually only if
provoked. Not always. Nothing in science is perfectly stable.