GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flower Garden Pest (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/33172-flower-garden-pest.html)

george pagliarulo 20-06-2003 12:44 PM

Flower Garden Pest

Something just ate a bunch of my flowers. What ever it was took the
tops of f of Portulacas, Dianthus and Cinqfoil and the tops of some newly
planted Poppy plants but there were no flowers on the Poppys to eat. It
also tasted some Daisys but pretty much left them, Roses and Dahlias alone.
We had a deer prblem last year that did a number on our Roses and yesterday
I saw a groundhog running around. Can anyone help me tell which critter is
doing the damage and what shell size to use? Well, I wouldn't go that far
but any idea on how to keep them away? Do any of the commercial repellants
work?

And I thought the Chipmunks were bad.

George