GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Germinating ornamental grass seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/333-re-germinating-ornamental-grass-seeds.html)

Faye Lifford-Earle 31-01-2003 03:40 AM

Germinating ornamental grass seeds?

Being a gardner who starts her plants by seed....I would suggest you do
the same. Grow and then harvest your seed from the various grasses you
have......your seed will be fresher, and you will be sure there are no
infiltrated grasses among your seed. Hope this helps
Ldymac

animaux wrote:

I know that division is an excellent way to make one plant into a hundred in
short order, but I'm looking to start and grow adapted and native ornamental
grasses to sell or trade with my local, most excellent garden center.

I would like to know what, if any, treatment the seeds need for the following:

Muhlenbergia lindheimeri
M. capillaris
Miscanthus sinensis (not an invasive in this state)

Thanks,