GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's OK next to Hibiscus? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/33582-whats-ok-next-hibiscus.html)

[email protected] 22-06-2003 11:32 PM

What's OK next to Hibiscus?

Just had to take out one of 5 hibiscus (it rotted and broke off at
soil line), and wondering what I could put in its place. About 4-1/2
feet wide and 3 feet deep space available.

These hibiscus, which were not your ordinary specimens (HUGE, gorgeous
yellow and red blooms) have been a PITA since day one, because of
persistent whitefly. I tried everything, then just gave up and let
them bloom.

Now, *possibly* anticipating that the others may kick the bucket
some day, I want to start putting in plants/shrubs that will
eventually create a new, harmonious ensemble.

But I *don't* want anything that would be affected by whitefly from
the neighboring hibiscus during transition period.

Area is a raised bed against a block wall on the W. side of a house,
So. Calif coastal.

Suggestions?

--

Persephone

[email protected] 25-06-2003 05:44 PM

What's OK next to Hibiscus?

Hey, y'all, hope you don't mind if I follow up on this, in case
somebody has words of wisdom :)

Thanks!

--

Persephone