Old 31-01-2003, 05:25 AM
Vox Humana

Default Need help on seed ID

Someone from a commercial nursery gave my sister a bunch of seeds and she
passed them on to me. They are from Holland and Germany. I have been able
to identify most of plants, but there are two that I can't find anything
about: Most of the seeds are marked "sample for trial"

Does anyone know about these two plants:

Lopezia coronata 'Pretty Rose'
Lamarckia aurea 'Select CS'

Here is the complete lists. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.
Erysimum alpinum 'golden gem'

Begonia x tuberhybrida F:1 'Royal Harlequin'

Dahlia variabilis "Piccolol Mixed Colours'

Ionopsidium acaule

Tropaeolum peregrinum

Bupleurum rotundifolium Garibaldi

Cynoglossum amabile "mystery Rose'

Celosia spicata 'Xanthippe'

Dianthus barbatus "standard Harlequin'

Eryngium planum 'Tetra Petra'

Salvia coccinea 'Coral Nymph'

Lamarckia aurea "select CS'

Lopezia coronata "Pretty Rose'

Nepeta cataria "SSP citriodora'

Chrysanthemum parthenium 'Silverball'

Helichrysum bracteatum "King Size Silvery Rose'

Helichrysum bracteatum "King Size New Red'

Helichrysum bracteatum "King Size New Lemon'

Bellis perennis 'Habanera Rosa'

Bellis perennis 'Habanera Rot'

Bellis perennis 'Obtention BF Rose Clair'

Primula vulgaris 'Lucento Mischung'

Primula vulgaris 'Joker'

Primula vulgaris 'Joker Kirsch'

Primula vulgaris 'Joker Rot-Gold'

Primula vulgaris 'Joker Karmin mit Auge'

Silene penduala "Snowball'

Aquilegia vulgaris 'White Barlow'

Aquilegia vulgaris 'Blue Barlow'

Aquilegia vulgaris 'Christa Barlow'

Aquilegia vulgaris 'Black Barlow'

Aquilegia vulgaris "Nora Barlow'

Old 31-01-2003, 06:42 PM
MLEBLANCA

In article , "Vox Humana"
writes:

Does anyone know about these two plants:

Lopezia coronata 'Pretty Rose'
Lamarckia aurea 'Select CS'

Lopezia
a genus in the Evening Primrose Family. From Central America,
hardy in zones 10-11. (no info coronata 'Pretty Rose')

Lamarckia aurea
a grass, the only species in the genus, native to Mediterranean area.
summer annual, light, sandy, well drained soil and full sun
(needs moisture when young). Height to 12 inches. Attractive flowering
spikes silvery green changing to yellowish.
Plant seed in Mid spring.
common name: Golden Top

Emilie
Old 06-02-2003, 02:10 AM
Vox Humana

"MLEBLANCA" wrote in message
In article , "Vox Humana"
writes:

Does anyone know about these two plants:

Lopezia coronata 'Pretty Rose'
Lamarckia aurea 'Select CS'

Lopezia
a genus in the Evening Primrose Family. From Central America,
hardy in zones 10-11. (no info coronata 'Pretty Rose')

Lamarckia aurea
a grass, the only species in the genus, native to Mediterranean area.
summer annual, light, sandy, well drained soil and full sun
(needs moisture when young). Height to 12 inches. Attractive flowering
spikes silvery green changing to yellowish.
Plant seed in Mid spring.
common name: Golden Top

Emilie

Thank for the information! Now I just have to figure out if I should start
the perennials now or later in the spring.