GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hosta...Help!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/34176-hosta-help.html)

junkyardcat 25-06-2003 08:56 PM

Hosta...Help!!!

I got 3 very pretty hostas about a week ago from a lady on Ebay. They
arrived in great shape, and I planted them in the ground as soon as I got
them. They looked fine for the first day, then they started turning brownish
and drying out. There is some green left on them, and I watered them for
about an hour yesterday to try to revive what's left, so I'm hoping it will
work. Is there anything I did wrong when planted them? Do they grow well in
sandy soil?

Thanks!
Angie

[email protected] 26-06-2003 03:08 AM

Hosta...Help!!!

did they come bare root or was there a nice clump of dirt around em?
keep them watered every day, you might consider added shade. in any case, they will
come back later in the year and do fine next year. tough as nails. Ingrid

"junkyardcat" wrote:

I got 3 very pretty hostas about a week ago from a lady on Ebay. They
arrived in great shape, and I planted them in the ground as soon as I got
them. They looked fine for the first day, then they started turning brownish
and drying out. There is some green left on them, and I watered them for
about an hour yesterday to try to revive what's left, so I'm hoping it will
work. Is there anything I did wrong when planted them? Do they grow well in
sandy soil?

Thanks!
Angie

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

jlr 26-06-2003 04:08 AM

Hosta...Help!!!

You will not be able to kill them They will come back fine Hostas in my
yard are very drought tollerant and withstand lots of punishment from
the kids as they are around the edge of my deck They will be fine !!!!!!!

"junkyardcat" wrote:

I got 3 very pretty hostas about a week ago from a lady on Ebay. They
arrived in great shape, and I planted them in the ground as soon as I got
them. They looked fine for the first day, then they started turning brownish
and drying out. There is some green left on them, and I watered them for
about an hour yesterday to try to revive what's left, so I'm hoping it will
work. Is there anything I did wrong when planted them? Do they grow well in
sandy soil?

Thanks!
Angie

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List