Old 26-06-2003, 10:32 PM
antonious

Default mystery Daylillies (part deux)

Okay... lets try this one more time using a more ...personable.. photo album

I have several varieities of daylillies in mygarden, a few of which have
names I have forgoten. Who would like to help me ident them...?
Their photos and stats are at the link below ( I pray THIS one works ) )

http://43697146.home.icq.com/gardenalbum.html

Anthony B. M.G. (Mad Gardener)

Old 26-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Frogleg

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:26:44 GMT, "antonious"
wrote:

Okay... lets try this one more time using a more ...personable.. photo album

I have several varieities of daylillies in mygarden, a few of which have
names I have forgoten. Who would like to help me ident them...?
Their photos and stats are at the link below ( I pray THIS one works ) )

http://43697146.home.icq.com/gardenalbum.html

Very pretty. As you mentioned in an earlier post with (what did you
say? 30,000?) varieties, it's gonna take a professional to ID 'em
after the tags are lost. I guess they're like pedigreed dogs -- if you
want to sell or breed them for sale, you'll have to certify their
papers. If you just enjoy the show, name 'em anything you like. :-)

[Sorry I can't be of professional help. I'm an enjoyer of even
ditch-growing daylilies.]
Old 27-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Bill Spohn

I have several varieities of daylillies in mygarden, a few of which have
names I have forgoten. Who would like to help me ident them...?

Pretty tall order unless someone just happens to know them.

You might want to browse one of the many sites that sell daylilies and have
pictures -
http://www.beachwooddaylily.com/ is just one I've bought from.

Warning - you may end up with even more daylilies if you do it this way, but at
least you'll know what the new ones are!
Old 27-06-2003, 01:08 AM
antonious

wrote:

Okay... lets try this one more time using a more ...personable.. photo

album

I have several varieities of daylillies in mygarden, a few of which have
names I have forgoten. Who would like to help me ident them...?
Their photos and stats are at the link below ( I pray THIS one works

) )

http://43697146.home.icq.com/gardenalbum.html

Very pretty. As you mentioned in an earlier post with (what did you
say? 30,000?) varieties, it's gonna take a professional to ID 'em
after the tags are lost. I guess they're like pedigreed dogs -- if you
want to sell or breed them for sale, you'll have to certify their
papers. If you just enjoy the show, name 'em anything you like. :-)

[Sorry I can't be of professional help. I'm an enjoyer of even
ditch-growing daylilies.]

Oh ! think I idented the typical orange daylilly... we got a load of them
in at work... must remeber to write the name down tommorrow

Old 27-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Ann

Frogleg expounded:

Very pretty. As you mentioned in an earlier post with (what did you
say? 30,000?)

Actually there are over 42,000 named varieties, but who's counting?
:-

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 27-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Bobby Baxter

You are right Ann, there are over 42,000. As of 1:27 PM eastern time there
are 50,085 registered cultivars and if you include the pre-registered and
reserved cultivar names the total is 53,783.

Bobby Baxter
Married to the daylily Registrar

--
Bobby Baxter
TheGardenSite.com

TheGardenSite.com: http://thegardensite.com
Daylily Gardens Of The World: http://daylily.net/gardens
Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/gardens
Iris Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/irises
Daylily.Net: http://daylily.net
GardenTalk Forum: http://thegardensite.com/gardentalk/

Frogleg expounded:

Old 27-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

wrote:

Okay... lets try this one more time using a more ...personable.. photo album

I have several varieities of daylillies in mygarden, a few of which have
names I have forgoten. Who would like to help me ident them...?
Their photos and stats are at the link below ( I pray THIS one works ) )

http://43697146.home.icq.com/gardenalbum.html

Very pretty. As you mentioned in an earlier post with (what did you
say? 30,000?) varieties, it's gonna take a professional to ID 'em
after the tags are lost. I guess they're like pedigreed dogs -- if you
want to sell or breed them for sale, you'll have to certify their
papers. If you just enjoy the show, name 'em anything you like. :-)

[Sorry I can't be of professional help. I'm an enjoyer of even
ditch-growing daylilies.]

Sell the divisions cheap, and no one will care about the name.

Old 28-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Ann

"Bobby Baxter" expounded:

You are right Ann, there are over 42,000. As of 1:27 PM eastern time there
are 50,085 registered cultivars and if you include the pre-registered and
reserved cultivar names the total is 53,783.

Bobby Baxter
Married to the daylily Registrar

Ha! I'll file that away for next time! A local radio gardening show
on Saturday morning asked what plant had over 42,000 named varieties,
and I won a $50 gift certificate by calling in with the answer.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 29-06-2003, 06:44 AM
CpRensCoNY

You are right Ann, there are over 42,000. As of 1:27 PM eastern time there
are 50,085 registered cultivars and if you include the pre-registered and
reserved cultivar names the total is 53,783.

GoodLord, Baxter, can you explain it all for us? Of the 50,000 odd if half of
them are yellow and you have to look at all of those pix, are your eyes OK. I
think I recall the 30,000 number, where (and when) did the last 20,000 arrive?
I don't know the name of any of mine, I think I buried the tags under the
plants. I attended a few meetings a while back and they looked at slides and
slides and slides and slides and I fell asleep.