GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what thickness of flagstone? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/34426-what-thickness-flagstone.html)

effi 27-06-2003 10:08 AM

what thickness of flagstone?

for a patio what thickness shoudl be used, 2" or 4" ?

will 2" thickness be enough?

is the 4" mainly for areas that cars will be driven on?

FOW 27-06-2003 11:44 AM

what thickness of flagstone?

We used 3/4 - 1 inch for a walk on type stuff. I would be cafefull of any
material of les than 1-2 inches without a good solid base. I would NOT
drive over Flagstone myself. Too Brittle for real driveways.. !!!!