GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wierd looking grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/34589-wierd-looking-grass.html)

Tony Pacc 28-06-2003 01:56 PM

wierd looking grass

I live in Wisconsin,I have a pretty decent lawn,but I a couple of patches of
some type of grass that seems to lie down,it looks worse as the weather gets
warmer,these patches are about 6 feet square,I have tried overseeding them
but to no avail.I'm not sure but I think it may be bent grass,any ideas on
how to get rid of this? Thanks

ecologicals 29-06-2003 05:56 AM

wierd looking grass

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I live in Wisconsin,I have a pretty decent lawn,but I a couple of patches

of
some type of grass that seems to lie down,it looks worse as the weather

gets
warmer,these patches are about 6 feet square,I have tried overseeding them
but to no avail.I'm not sure but I think it may be bent grass,any ideas on
how to get rid of this? Thanks

A world of info he

http://www.hort.wisc.edu/uwturf/
and prolly good info by phone, too!
--
John H. Immink

www.renaissancegardens.com/

tmtresh 01-07-2003 12:44 AM

wierd looking grass

Sounds like crab grass to me. There's a picture and description at
http://www.laters.com/weeds/crabgras.htm I usually pull them up by
hand or with a small spade. But, 6 feet is a pretty big area- you
might want to spray it.