Old 28-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Lil

Default gushing sprinklers--landscaper mess up

We hired a landscape contractor after checking with the BBB and the
state licensing board. Had a little problem with his company, but
things seem to be going fine. But then shortly after his men resumed
their work, they were fiddling about with the sprinkler system (to cap
one off), and my brother said that the sprinklers just went off and
kept gushing.

They "took care" of it the next day. Two days later (yesterday), I
was checking the sprinkler system and they appeared to turn on fine.
Then, an hour later, my appointment showed up, and I noticed that some
of the sprinklers were still on!

Checked the remote control, and the switch for those particular
sprinklers. The remote control was set properly, but the switch was
in the "off" position. Finally, had to resort to swiching off the
main line. I checked with my brother about the specific sprinklers
and he said that the ones that were gushing previously did include the
ones that gushed yesterday. Sounded like the "problem" was not fixed.

The contractor has yet to come by and fix the problem. Hopefully, he
will come by and fix it soon. But for my own eddification....What is
causing this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Lil
Old 28-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Vox Humana

"Lil" wrote in message
[...]

If the controller is in the off position and the zone continues to operate
then you have a bad valve. It probably just needs a new solenoid. I doubt
that your contractor broke it. Valves go bad occasionally.