Old 30-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Christopher

Default source for steel/aluminum/metal garden edging in MA?

I'm looking for metal garden edging in the Boston, MA area. Does
anyone know where I can buy some? I spent about an hour on the phone
calling all the local shops and no one carries it.

The stuff I'm talking about is about 4" tall x 1/16" thick and comes
in strips of 6-10'.

I found it online, but would like to avoid paying for shipping.
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...432&sku=704334

Thanks!
Chris
Old 30-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Andrew Duane USG

In article (Christopher) writes:
I'm looking for metal garden edging in the Boston, MA area. Does
anyone know where I can buy some? I spent about an hour on the phone
calling all the local shops and no one carries it.

The stuff I'm talking about is about 4" tall x 1/16" thick and comes
in strips of 6-10'.

I found it online, but would like to avoid paying for shipping.
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...432&sku=704334

Pricey stuff!

I notice the site is actually Aubuchon hardware, and they have lots of
stores in the Boston area. Click on Store Locator to find on near you,
and I bet they can get it for you with the SKU#.

If you need a bunch, it might be easier to go to a metal fabricator
shop and get them to cut you what you need from aluminum rolls.

--

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)
HP/Compaq Corporation

110 Spit Brook Road

M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH 03062-2698 (603)-884-1294

Old 01-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Christopher

(Andrew Duane USG) wrote in message ...
In article
(Christopher) writes:
I'm looking for metal garden edging in the Boston, MA area. Does
anyone know where I can buy some? I spent about an hour on the phone
calling all the local shops and no one carries it.

The stuff I'm talking about is about 4" tall x 1/16" thick and comes
in strips of 6-10'.

I found it online, but would like to avoid paying for shipping.
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...432&sku=704334

Pricey stuff!

I notice the site is actually Aubuchon hardware, and they have lots of
stores in the Boston area. Click on Store Locator to find on near you,
and I bet they can get it for you with the SKU#.

If you need a bunch, it might be easier to go to a metal fabricator
shop and get them to cut you what you need from aluminum rolls.

I already checked with the local shop. Alas, it's only available on
their web site

I'll try a metal fabricator & see what I come up with.

Chris
Old 03-07-2003, 01:08 AM
J Kolenovsky

You might try going to your county clerk's office and geting a DBA (such
as Chris's Gardens) and then go to some of these suppliers. You'll have
to pay the sales tax since you don't have a sales tax sumber.

REGION 5 (CT, DE, MA, ME, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV) =

Retail Dealers

Agway of Dennis & Orleans, 686 Rt. 134, S. Dennis, MA,
508-385-8836
Agway of Dennis & Orleans, 20 Lot Hollow Rd., Orleans, MA,
508-255-8100 =

Corliss Brothers, Inc., 31 Essex Rd., Ipswich, MA, 978-356-5422
Harkens Garden Center & Landscaping, 287 Rt. 5, E. Windsor, CT,
860-528-6806

Lowes Home Improvement. Go to www.lowes.com Click on "Store
Locator" in the top navigation bar, then type in the required
location
information..

Wholesale Distributors: Steel Edging And Nursery Sign
Holders =

AMT. Cheshire, CT, 203-250-7226 www.amtsystems.com =

www.commercecorp.com
Page Seed. Greene, NY, 607-656-4107,
Penn State Seed. Dallas, PA, 800-847-7333 www.pennstateseed.com
wholesale only
Penn State Seed. Forty Fort, PA, 717-287-9656
Penn State Seed. Mt. Holly, NJ, 609-265-8600
Penn State Seed. Avon, NY, 716-226-6240
P. L. Rohre. Smoketown, PA, 717-299-2571
Wetsel Seed. Harrisonburg, VA, 800-572-4018, www.wetsel.com
Wetsel Seed. Kittanning, PA, 800-742-2510
Wetsel Seed. Virginia Beach, VA. 800-345-0755

Also, try wholesale landscaping suppliers specializing in soil
stabilization/erosion control prodicts.

Get the 3/16" thick stuff. It's used with decomposed granite pathways. =

Christopher wrote:
=

I'm looking for metal garden edging in the Boston, MA area. Does
anyone know where I can buy some? I spent about an hour on the phone
calling all the local shops and no one carries it.
=

The stuff I'm talking about is about 4" tall x 1/16" thick and comes
in strips of 6-10'.
=

I found it online, but would like to avoid paying for shipping.
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...49HM0P3Q1BBR5=

R0J825S8&mbrid=3D4724&dept%5Fid=3D1432&sku=3D70433 4
=

Thanks!
Chris

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal webpag=
es

[IMG] code is On

Metal post source Moonraker United Kingdom 14 17-10-2011 05:28 PM
Ammonia + Aluminum = ? Dulcamara Ponds 0 24-09-2007 03:57 AM
OT; Aluminum frame greenhouse & frost Dusty Orchids 11 22-02-2007 12:00 AM
vertical 4x4" and 4x2" --- 12" to 24" long ---- raised bed edging --- source help Mr.X Gardening 0 04-06-2005 05:52 PM
Re-use Aluminum siding. Cx Edible Gardening 1 08-04-2005 01:49 AM