Old 02-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Gary E

Default redoing old bermuda grass yard

Hello, have a 25 year old yard (many weeds and bad grass) and was wanting to
restablish the yard this year. I live in the Dallas area, just put MSMA down
to kill all the bad grass. We have also put down a starter fertilizer and am
watering it in. My question is it best to keep the grass cut low or do I
need to keep the grass cut at about 3 inches to protect the roots from the
90 and 100 degree heat that is just around the corner. Will the grass still
spread if I cut it so tall? I have several bald spots where I need the
grass to spread and get thick. any ideas? Thanks,Gary

Old 02-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

"Gary E" wrote:

Hello, have a 25 year old yard (many weeds and bad grass) and was wanting to
restablish the yard this year. I live in the Dallas area, just put MSMA down
to kill all the bad grass. We have also put down a starter fertilizer and am
watering it in. My question is it best to keep the grass cut low or do I
need to keep the grass cut at about 3 inches to protect the roots from the
90 and 100 degree heat that is just around the corner.

Cut it at the height recommended for the bermuda variety you
have.

Will the grass still spread if I cut it so tall?

There is NOTHING you can do to stop bermuda from spreading

I have several bald spots where I need the
grass to spread and get thick.

Loosen the surface and spot-water them heavily ... the bermuda
will send runners towards the water.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both

[IMG] code is On

Redoing bulkheads ~ jan[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 1 09-04-2008 05:49 PM
Redoing the lawn Carlo Lawns 0 21-04-2007 03:47 PM
Redoing the Rose Garden Anne Lurie Roses 3 01-10-2004 04:11 PM
Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground) FGreen Lawns 36 20-05-2004 10:08 PM
Redoing pond Neil Law Ponds 3 18-08-2003 05:03 AM