GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   smokebush buds but that's it (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/35576-smokebush-buds-but-thats.html)

Stan Bernstein 05-07-2003 11:20 PM

smokebush buds but that's it

For three years, plant looked great, buds developed, but then withered and
nothing more happened. Any idea of what could cause this, or how to
correct it?

Appreciate any suggestions.

/SB

BT 06-07-2003 09:56 PM

smokebush buds but that's it

Could be fungal problem. Use a fungicide like Bordo or even the systemic
Benomyl as buds start to form.

BT

Marley1372 07-07-2003 04:57 AM

smokebush buds but that's it

I think they mean "bordeaux mixture". Benomyl is not available anymore, at
least not anywhere I have seen. There are better fungicides available, as both
of these are fairly outdated. I would try and take a piece to you extension
office. Smoke trees are pretty succeptible to verticillium wilt, and this may
be the problem you have. Niether of the above fungicides will do much to
remedy the problem.

Toad