Old 06-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Sansevieria (snake plant) and new growth

Growing Sansevierias from leaf cuttings is not something for the impatient.

The new leaves will emerge from the same place as the roots. The new plants
will slowly form a rosette of juvenile leaves for the first year or two.
Eventually the mature adult leaves will appear in a few years. It will take
several years before you can expect a full grown plant from leaf cuttings.

Just keep the soil moist (not wet) and the plant where it receives plenty of
light but not direct sunlight.

Do not fertilize until the new leaves appear then do so only sparingly with
a dilute foliage houseplant fertilizer.

Quantum Cat wrote in message
et...
Hello,

I have planted a Sansevaria cutting and it has rooted. Does new growth
emerge from underneath the soil? This is my frist time growing this plant
and I'd like to eventually have it fill the pot with its leaves. Is this
something it will do on its own, or do I have to encourage somehow it or
make new cuttings?

Thanks,
Matt