GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need a correct name, please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/35646-need-correct-name-please.html)

limey 06-07-2003 05:09 PM

Need a correct name, please

Can anyone tell me the correct name for a "Japanese Snowball" bush, please?
I haven't been able to track down a supplier and want to replace one that
drowned in this year's continuous rains. Many thanks.

Dora

--

limey at toad dot net

paghat 06-07-2003 06:44 PM

Need a correct name, please

In article , "limey"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me the correct name for a "Japanese Snowball" bush, please?
I haven't been able to track down a supplier and want to replace one that
drowned in this year's continuous rains. Many thanks.

Dora

Viburnum tomentosum var. plicatum

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

limey 06-07-2003 06:44 PM

Need a correct name, please

"paghat" wrote in message

"limey" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the correct name for a "Japanese Snowball" bush,

please?
I haven't been able to track down a supplier and want to replace one

that
drowned in this year's continuous rains. Many thanks.

Dora

Viburnum tomentosum var. plicatum

Thank you - that's quite a website!

Travis 06-07-2003 06:44 PM

Need a correct name, please

limey wrote:
Can anyone tell me the correct name for a "Japanese Snowball"
bush, please? I haven't been able to track down a supplier and
want to replace one that drowned in this year's continuous
rains. Many thanks.

Dora

www.google.com

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Penny Morgan 06-07-2003 08:08 PM

Need a correct name, please

I believe you're asking about Viburnum plicatum (Japanese Snowball). Go to
google and do a search on Viburnum Japanese Snowball and you'll see many
sites with different descriptions of various colors, sizes, etc. You might
try a new variety or try getting the same again.

Good luck.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina

Frogleg 07-07-2003 02:20 AM

Need a correct name, please

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:09:30 -0400, "limey" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the correct name for a "Japanese Snowball" bush, please?
I haven't been able to track down a supplier and want to replace one that
drowned in this year's continuous rains. Many thanks.

Entering

"japanese snowball" bush

into Google yields a pageful of references to "viburnum plicatum"

What is it about "search engine" that you don't understand?