GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sweet box (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/35695-sweet-box.html)

Rachel 07-07-2003 02:09 AM

sweet box

Does anybody know a mail-order source for Sarcococca hookeriana var.
humilis, on the East coast? It's what I want to put along part of the
mostly-shade, northern exposure front of my house in zone 6. But I haven't
been able to find a source that's not in Oregon or California.

Rachel

Heidi Stump 07-07-2003 02:41 AM

sweet box

Rachel,

Any chance you live in NC? Homewood Nursery sells sweet box. I don't
know if they will ship plants, but if you are anywhere near Raleigh you
can purchase it from them. They are by far my favorite local nursery,
and worthy of a visit.

http://homewood.citysearch.com/1.html

Heidi

Rachel 08-07-2003 02:08 AM

sweet box

"Heidi Stump" wrote in message

Any chance you live in NC? Homewood Nursery sells sweet box. I don't
know if they will ship plants, but if you are anywhere near Raleigh you
can purchase it from them.

Thanks, Heidi, but it looks like about an 8 hour drive from where I am in W.
Va. It looks like a fine place, but doesn't look like they have mail order.

http://homewood.citysearch.com/1.html