Old 10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Datura

Default Trimming Yaupon Holly

Hi,

I was hoping to get some advice on this issue ..

My hollies need trimming again, but before I do it, I'd like to get some
feedback.

I just trimmed it about 6-8 weeks ago, and the new growth is starting to get
raggedy, so I think it is time again.

I've noticed that the new growth is a vibrant beautiful light green, and the
older leaves underneath are dark green.

Every time I trim it, I trim it back to the old growth- these leaves are
just getting older and older. Is it hurting the tree any that I am
continually removing its new leaves?

Should I be trimming back a few inches past the line of old growth, so that
new growth can replace it and then later re-trim at the regular depth?

Thanks ..

Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

I would leave some of the new growth, but all of my yaupons are in places where
I can allow them to grow into their natural shape.