GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Krimson King Problems - Overwatering? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36160-krimson-king-problems-overwatering.html)

AuralFeast 10-07-2003 09:44 PM

Krimson King Problems - Overwatering?

This spring, I planted a small Krimson King on my parkway (I live in Chicago).
I've recently noticed that some of the leaves have turned brown and are falling
off. While you might think that this is due to dryness, I think it is the
opposite - because I've planted hostas at the bottom of this tree, I water it
almost daily. Could it be getting too much moisture? If you don't think this
is the issue, what else could be going on with this tree?

Thanks,

BP

Erik Kleine 26-07-2003 10:42 PM

Krimson King Problems - Overwatering?

The Crimson King can stand the moist, if you have a well-drained soil.
If not, that could indeed be your problem.

Greetings,
Erik.

e-mail: